[GTALUG] The FOSS world's most famous incel is back...

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Wed Mar 24 10:14:50 EDT 2021

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:

> tl;dr
> IMHO the complete brouha is political correctness run amok!

Yes indeed.

I've been actively opposing political correctness for many years.  I am of
course against signing the petition.  I wrote an article on the subject
back when RMS originally resigned.  It's actually a response to the
article written by Selam G that kicked off the entire episode.

https://avoiceformen.com/featured/a-great-man-in-the-free-and-open-source-community-falls/

> Secondly the bigger the bureaucracy the greater the likelihood that it
> is a refuge for the unable, the unwilling and/or the incompetent.
> Sloth and indogence are rewarded rather than activity and output.

Haven't you heard, we live in a period of post meritocracy...

https://postmeritocracy.org/

The author of the above manifesto, Coraline Ada Ehmke, is also the author
of the Contributor Covenant used by many FOSS projects.

> This present direction is in process of destroying our society with
> that end looming very very close.

Agreed.  It's time for the silent majority to be a little less silent.

Rob