[GTALUG] The FOSS world's most famous incel is back...

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 07:17:37 EDT 2021

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 8:46 PM Evan Leibovitch via talk
<talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> ... hopefully, not for long.
>
> https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2021/03/free-software-advocates-seek-removal-of-richard-stallman-and-entire-fsf-board/
>
> I propose that GTALUG as an organization add its name to the petition, already signed by a healthy cross section of the FOSS world.
>
> https://rms-open-letter.github.io/

tl;dr
IMHO the complete brouha is political correctness run amok!

I would request that we return to the matter at hand - - - - computers
and computing and its tools and leave the
political correctness to the bureaucratic elite for whom it has become
a driving passion.
One needs to remember that the language of political correctness was
design to allow one to describe how to pick up a turd by its clean
end.
Secondly the bigger the bureaucracy the greater the likelihood that it
is a refuge for the unable, the unwilling and/or the incompetent.
Sloth and indogence are rewarded rather than activity and output.
This present direction is in process of destroying our society with
that end looming very very close.

Regards