[GTALUG] Unanswered Question, WAS: Raspberry Pi

Giles Orr gilesorr at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 10:18:04 EST 2021

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 at 07:57, Chris Aitken via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> Am I on the wrong list for posing basic questions about Linux? I posted a question a few weeks ago about about not being able to copy files because of permissions and because filename had a '?' in it. I received no response. I understand everyone is a volunteer. I'm not complaining - just want to know if this is an appropriate forum for basic questions. I know it's wrong to piggyback on this thread, but it is getting a lot of traffic, so I had no choice. Do I keep posting, and just see which posts are of interest to people, and which questions are not? Sorry, I'm not one to take a hint or "know" when to leave a party. I need someone to say, "Chris, leave the  party." :)
> Chris

Do try to avoid hijacking threads.  However, I think your question
went unanswered because no one ever saw it.  I keep all the TLUG
messages, and I see no such question from you (unless you posted under
a different name: I searched for "Chris Aitken").  This may have been
a technical problem on your end, or it may have been a technical
problem with the TLUG server: as you may have noticed from some of the
messages, the server has had a rough few months.

We're not even "volunteers:" we're a group of people interested in
Linux who have joined a mailing list.  We answer questions if we know
the answer, we have time, and we're interested.  That means it can be
hit-or-miss.  And like a lot of mailing lists, people may get mildly
annoyed if you ask a question that can be easily answered by Google so
I recommend doing your own research first before turning here.

With all that said, clearly this latest message from you has got
through so you should be good to try reposting the question.

--
Giles
https://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr at gmail.com