[GTALUG] YAD-Zenity-GTK on Pi - assistance needed

Stewart Russell scruss at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 19:48:51 EST 2021

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 at 15:22, Giles Orr via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> What this suggests to me (I'm guessing here, hoping someone can help
> me figure it out) is that YAD is compiled with GTK support on Debian
> and Fedora, but some other graphical library on the Pi.

Seems to be built with GTK support here (Raspberry Pi 4):

    ldd /usr/bin/yad | grep -i gtk
        libgtk-3.so.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgtk-3.so.0

Touch screens - especially small ones - aren't very useful on a Raspberry
Pi. X is really hard to make tiny, and there isn't any actively-maintained
non-X thing.