[GTALUG] revisiting, dsl modem ideas for bell?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Jan 16 14:04:41 EST 2021

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 11:15:16PM -0500, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> Indeed the 2wire 2701 was never a problem, with the home hub units, both
> editions  causing the problem..both have been tried.  because bell claims to
> have no more 2wire models, we are seeking our own.

I have a SmartRG SR505N (I think that's the model) that I am not
currently using.  That one does both VDSL and ADSL like the home hub,
so it ought to support the same setup.  It also has wifi, although I
always have had that turned off along with the router capabilities since
I use an separate router.  Do you have a separate router or do you rely
on the modem to also be the router and handle the PPPoE session?

> The standard for inclusion is not specific to me.  Pdf files present
> problems    for many populations, making the idea of providing alternative
> formats  more of a buffet from which an individual can choose what they
> personally consider accessible.  A shared label does not a shared
> accommodation   make  in any way shape or form.
> I have ways to deal with pdf files, but those ways are not consistent, even
> if more than some have to hand at all.
> Teksavvy at least when I was with them provided no choices whatsoever.

I am not aware of Teksavvy offering any options now either.  I get a
PDF in an email once a month.

--
Len Sorensen