[GTALUG] Linus Torvalds Responds to Linux Banning University of Minnesota

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 11:55:00 EDT 2021

Hello Everybody,

I am still trying to understand the reason 'why' would anyone even want to
do this ?

Here is some context:
https://portswigger.net/daily-swig/ill-advised-research-on-linux-kernel-lands-computer-scientists-in-hot-water

And follow up from Linus himself:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/linus-torvalds-responds-to-linux-banning-university-of-minnesota

I am also thinking if these two guys actually managed to do this they
should be part of the community responsible for linux security ? Or we just
hang them high and pour honey all over them and set loose bees and wasps on
them ?

I am torn two ways. My heart says shoot them. My brain says hire them ?
Sigh...

Just thought everyone would want to know so sharing :-)

Aruna