[GTALUG] ot: headphone jac replacement?

Scott Allen mlxxxp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 16:49:21 EDT 2021

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 at 15:47, Lennart Sorensen via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> Makes me wonder if a short 3.5mm extension cord would be worth adding
> so you can leave it attached all the time, and plug into the end of the
> extension instead, and hence move the wear to that location instead and
> spare the poor old machine itself.

I could be wrong but from what I've gathered so far, there are no
broken wires or wear on the contacts in the jack itself. The only
problem is that the nut or threaded ring, that mounts the jack to the
chassis, has come loose. It just needs to be screwed back on and
tightened. It has been suggested that Loctite or some other similar
substance be added to the thread, to prevent this problem from
happening in the future.

I don't think Karen has said whether the plug is frequently inserted
and removed from the jack or not.

--
Scott