[GTALUG] ot: headphone jac replacement?

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Wed Apr 21 14:39:58 EDT 2021

On 2021-04-21 2:25 p.m., Karen Lewellen wrote:
> Karen

The purpose of the Loctite or other is to keep something that uses screw
threads from loosening.  Based on your description, a ring, or more
likely a nut, has come loose.  A bit of Loktite can keep that from
happening and this is often done in industry.  I have many years
experience as a technician working on things far more complex than a
loose headphone jack, as have others here.  For someone with decent
vision and who's not all thumbs, such a repair would be trivial.

As I said, you don't have to go to a shop.  Just let someone help you.
If you are in my area, I would have no problem doing so and I have had
my first COVID shot, so I am safe.

Incidentally, one thing I did many years ago was sponsor a blind amateur
radio operator.  This involved doing some things, such as installing an
antenna, which he was unable to do and to ensure the equipment was being
operated properly.