[GTALUG] ot: headphone jac replacement?

Don Tai dontai.canada at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 23:32:10 EDT 2021

In order to screw on the ring, some of the threads from the audio jack must
be exposed. Otherwise the ring would not be able to grab on and tighten.
You don't need too many threads. Put the thread locker on those few
threads, reinstall the ring and you should be good. Or put the thread
locker on the inside of the ring.

Without the ring, the audio jack may have rotated and might have interfered
with the audio wires, possibly kinking them.

Don