[GTALUG] ot: headphone jac replacement?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Tue Apr 20 19:00:17 EDT 2021

I might add  during the current lock down?
Here is the scoop
The primary device i use as my computer's speech synthesizer source has a
3.5 inch headphone jack, which has been getting looser over the past week
or so.
While I had hoped to find a way to tighten it before a disconnect, that
hoped was dashed this afternoon.
I do have the jac, in fact I have a spare, what I am wondering though is a
couple of things.
first, if I want to try, or must try reattaching this myself,  which tool
do I need? screwdriver, or wrench?..or something else?
If I want it done by someone else, for which I would happily pay even if
moving the machine might be a dance, where in Toronto might I take it in
for the work?
In theory it is rather important, the replacement  synthesizer is s slight
fire risk, as its casing is broken around the plug in area for its
adapter.
Also, it sounds like it has a could, which may become frustrating as I use
my computer rather a great deal these days.
Ideas?
Thanks,
Karen