[GTALUG] First new home computer for decades - Raspberry Pi 400

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Nov 13 15:42:35 EST 2020

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 12:42:17PM -0500, William Park via talk wrote:
> I don't understand these things.  If you need I/O pins, or non-standard
> I/O ports (like device USB, as opposed to the usual host USB), then OK.
> I personally have used them for that, at work.  But, if you need
> commodity PC, then just buy commodity PC.  You know, I bought my T450
> for $300 CAD 2 years ago, on Black Friday sale if I remember.

A T450 would have been a current model 6 years ago, not 2 years ago.
2 years ago should have been a T490 perhaps.  Although for $300, a T450
would make sense for $300 off lease at about 3 years old 2 or 3 years ago.

As for how useful it is, well some people like to play with stuff and
it sure is a cute little computer.

--
Len Sorensen