[GTALUG] First new home computer for decades - Raspberry Pi 400

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Wed Nov 11 12:42:17 EST 2020

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 11:17:37PM -0500, Aruna Hewapathirane wrote:
> https://www.canakit.com/raspberry-pi-400-desktop-computer-kit.html?cid=cad&src=raspberrypi
>
> and
>
> https://www.buyapi.ca/product/raspberry-pi-400-complete-kit/?src=raspberrypi

I don't understand these things.  If you need I/O pins, or non-standard
I/O ports (like device USB, as opposed to the usual host USB), then OK.
I personally have used them for that, at work.  But, if you need
commodity PC, then just buy commodity PC.  You know, I bought my T450
for $300 CAD 2 years ago, on Black Friday sale if I remember.

When Sinclair, Commodore, Atari came out long ago, there were no other
alternatives.  But, now?  Maybe their market is baby boomers reminiscing
about the good old days.
--
William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>