[GTALUG] I’m obviously way behind in my reading: IBM owns Redhat

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Fri May 29 10:26:21 EDT 2020

On 2020-05-29 09:57 AM, Russell Reiter wrote:
> Although, if you remember the Red Rocket era cars, you also probably
> remember watching them hook together with train couplings when one
> broke down. The push connection was commonplace. The pull connection
> always drew a crowd, just to watch the backup manouver. That was a show.

While all streetcars have a means of emergency removal, at one time they
were often coupled together to handle the passenger load.  You could see
those couplers on many of the PCC cars.  These couplers were capable of
passing the control signals, so that both cars could provide traction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidents%27_Conference_Committee_(Toronto_streetcar)#Fleet