[GTALUG] I’m obviously way behind in my reading: IBM owns Redhat

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Wed May 27 18:50:08 EDT 2020

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 6:12 PM James Knott via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> On 2020-05-27 05:42 PM, Russell Reiter via talk wrote:
> > Reminds me of when I was ten and built a crystal radio. I was
> > disappointed that I could only tune in one station, 1050 CHUM AM, the
> > closest one to my house.
> >

> I had the same problem, except I got CFRB instead of CHUM.  I lived
> roughly the same distance from both.  I would have preferred CHUM. ;-)

Same basic tech but different experiential outcomes based on topography. I
got my set by sending in cereal boxtops. A couple of years later a
classmate of mine had a kit where the tuner actually worked for multiple
stations. But his dad was an electrical engineer and helped him out with
his kit, the parts for which, were definitely not from R. J. Kellogg's
Battle Creek loyalty rewards centre like mine and maybe yours was.

> Unsubscribe from this mailing list

Russell