[GTALUG] QNX [was Re: Linux servers attacked!]

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Mon May 11 13:55:21 EDT 2020

| From: Lennart Sorensen via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
|
| Well BB10 of course had a GUI framework for apps, which I don't think
| had anything to do with QNX, although I am not sure if QNX ever had
| any particular GUI interface in particular.  I have seen a number of
| different ones running on top of QNX over the years.

The "Photon MicroGUI".  I don't know if it is currently supported.

I remember reading an ad in Byte (I think) a long time ago (obviously)
from QNX (before RIM bought them).  They offered a floppy-size
bootable system with this GUI.  This is probably it:

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_VlI6IBEJ0>

<https://archive.org/details/QNX_incredible_1.44m_demo_v4.0>

Pretty amazing size for the PC world, even then.  Not so amazing to
the original Mac, Amiga, Atari ST, or CoCo III users.