[GTALUG] Linux servers attacked!

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon May 11 12:52:22 EDT 2020

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 11:35:18AM -0400, John Moniz via talk wrote:
> Is BB10 any closer to QNX than Android is to Linux? It sounds like I'm wrong but
> thought they both evolved far enough from their roots to have their own name.

Well BB10 of course had a GUI framework for apps, which I don't think
had anything to do with QNX, although I am not sure if QNX ever had
any particular GUI interface in particular.  I have seen a number of
different ones running on top of QNX over the years.

Certainly a shell on a BB10 device looked a lot more likq QNX than I
have ever seen on an android device.

Android apps are java based, BB10 seems to be C++ or javascript/QML for the
most part.  I guess that implies BB10 is QT based for the GUI.
Android's runtime has nothing to do with other Linux systems at all.
It only uses the kernel.

--
Len Sorensen