[GTALUG] Actual ttyS0 MIA

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sun May 10 17:30:17 EDT 2020

Mr. Russell,
May I ask a side question here?
On a couple of other lists to which I belong, one of which involves the
development of the freedos project, there were questions about how a USB
to serial  adapter manages the communications  associated, by which a mean
port definitions that a serial port used to use.
If one  is trying to access a device connected with a USB to serial
adapter,  what port does  USB use?
for example if the program would talk to a serial device on com 4, how
would you  achieve the same  goal  via a USB to serial adapter?
thanks,
Kare