[GTALUG] On the subject of backups.

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Wed May 6 11:01:27 EDT 2020

On 5/6/20 10:18 AM, Lennart Sorensen via talk wrote:
> On Wed, May 06, 2020 at 07:25:29AM -0400, David Mason wrote:
>> ZFS is another option. And it handles delta-backups very easily.
> It is however not the XFS that glusterfs says to use.  If glusterfs is
> involved, XFS really seems to be the only option.

There is Gluster hosted documentation on how to use ZFS with Gluster but
it not the preferred option.
Putting Gluster on a thinlvm is the Gluster way for doing snapshots.

I have found a package called
wyng-backup(https://github.com/tasket/wyng-backup).

This may solve my problem but it would require me to change all my
volumes to thin provisioning.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   land:  (647)478-6285
alvin at netvel.net              ||