[GTALUG] On the subject of backups.

Howard Gibson hgibson at eol.ca
Wed May 6 10:38:29 EDT 2020

On Wed, 6 May 2020 07:25:29 -0400
David Mason via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> ZFS is another option. And it handles delta-backups very easily.

David,

   How do you recover stuff from delta backups?  You have to figure which backup the file or directory is in, right?

   My backup recoveries, admittedly here at home, consist of me recovering files I stupidly modified incorrectly, and some accidentally deleted directories.  In the case of the directories, I noticed the problem several years after I did it.  Since I back up everything, all I had to do was pull out the backup Blu-ray from shortly after I worked on the directory.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson at eol.ca
jhowardgibson at gmail.com