[GTALUG] Ubuntu update 19.10 -> 20.04?

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Sun May 3 11:05:59 EDT 2020

On 2020-05-03 7:13 a.m., Evan Leibovitch via talk wrote:
> You can only upgrade to 20.04 directly from either 18.04 LTS or 19.10
[snip]
> If the above is done then *do-release-upgrade* should do it
>
> A more detailed version of the process is at
> https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/upgrade-ubuntu-18-04-to-20-04-lts-using-command-line/

That page has the same information I've seen elsewhere (including from the
Ubuntu website). It doesn't work. The do-release-upgrade stage always says:
     An upgrade from 'cosmic' to 'eoan' is not supported with this tool.

I have one server running 18.10 and it would be nice to stop seeing the
following every time I login:
     New release '19.10' available.
     Run 'do-release-upgrade' to upgrade to it.

I'll go to the Ubuntu IRC channel and see what information I can get from
there on how to upgrade from 18.10 to 19.10.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                     | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick