[GTALUG] Problem new virtual host

ac ac at main.me
Sun May 3 03:18:40 EDT 2020

On Sat, 2 May 2020 10:36:27 -0400 (EDT)
"D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk" <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
<snip>
> Sorry, Stephen asked for help.  Something was confused or it all would
> have worked for him.

okay, I am not replying to you off list, or even as cc, my reply is to
the mailing list and i am talking with everyone, not just you  - i do
apologise if you took this personal in any way, it was never my
intention :)

> I was trying to help reduce that confusion.
> Why do you consider this noise?

because we do not even know what the problem is and speculating
about random things only leads to more confusion to the point where it
is noise...

it is possible, for example, that the op cannot see "the website"
because his network connection is failing intermittently or because his
cat walked over his network cable and it became unplugged, so, the
thread devolving into the odds and the chance of one thing over
that of another, based on scanty information/data =

noise - signal to noise ratio
and also noise because we are even discussing noise :)