[GTALUG] web hosting question

ac ac at main.me
Thu Jul 30 07:52:54 EDT 2020

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 06:17:08 -0500
o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> As part of my 'I don't really know enough' understanding was the
> asking  here of what hopefully wasn't a trivial question.
>
> Thanking all the respondents muchly!

your question is a very valuable question and answers depends greatly
on many things including POV :)

for small web hosting look for the very best value proposition, the
point at which your buck has the most bang, but there are also many
other important factors...

How ethical is your "supplier" - check their IP network range(s) here:
http://multirbl.valli.org/
-- how many of their IP numbers have how many listings?

Reliability and real/working 24/7 support (actually do check
references hosting is sometimes like insurance - you only find out
really how good it is when you really do need it...)

Then, if web hosting is in 'shared' (as in non dedicated) hardware
resources - a whole different universe of questions become relevant
and the answers are often literally in quicksand.

and, yes, I also think it is a good idea ever to have a registrar on one
network and services (web/email/etc) elsewhere

hth

Andre