[GTALUG] web hosting question

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Wed Jul 29 11:25:13 EDT 2020

For DNS I use easydns.
They are local to Toronto and have been good to work with for DNS.

They do have web hosting but having never used it I cannot comment on
their support.

You could use somebody like DigitalOcean if you feel like building your
own servers.
They seem to be reasonably inexpensive and have Canadian hosting in Toronto.

On 7/29/20 11:05 AM, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Reading past emails it seems that using a separate provider for domain
> registration and web hosting is the suggested norm.
>
> Finding a reasonable Canadian web hosting company is proving to be
> more than somewhat challenging.
>
> How negative is having both services at one particular company?
>
> Please advise

Alvin Starr                   ||   land:  (647)478-6285
alvin at netvel.net              ||