[GTALUG] Video Conferencing in Toronto

steve at linuxsuite.org steve at linuxsuite.org
Wed Jul 29 10:09:25 EDT 2020

  Howdy!

         I am looking for people interested in building a Video
Conferencing System that is
located in Toronto/GTA and maintained locally.  Jitsi seems to be
OpenSource favorite..

               http://jitsi.org

         I have a Jitsi up in a Data Center in Toronto. I have also made
contact with one
other person interested and am looking for more.  web.net has one GTALUG I
believe had one up..

         These are just single servers and in order to scale up
architecturally, need to create
a meshed video bridge on an out of band backplane..  ideally..

               Jitsi is doing well, and It would be fun and useful to
build out a system locally.

               All possibilities / details open to discussion at this point..

                Anyone interested? Or  know of other forums for this search?

               thanx - steve