[GTALUG] (question) GPU + Data center = ?

Nicholas Krause xerofoify at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 23:32:16 EDT 2020

On 7/13/20 11:19 PM, William Park via talk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Perhaps off topics... I keep coming across "GPU in Data Centers", ie.
> Nvidia.  Exactly what does GPU have ANYTHING do with data centers?  I
> can't imagine people setting up a server in the cloud, and then using
> that to process graphics or play games.

The short answer is similar to FPGAs or other specialized processing
cores they are good for certain tasks. Here is a list of things that
are libraries by Nvidia used for certain tasks related to that.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/gpu-accelerated-applications/

Maybe that helps,
Nick

--
Fundamentally an organism has conscious mental states if and only if
there is something that it is like to be that organism--something it is