[GTALUG] Interesting CI tool: Laminar

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 17:45:43 EDT 2020

I have been doing some amount of Continuous Integration work lately; that's
certainly one of the popular things these days.

It has been changing; once upon a time, our folks at work adopted
QuickBuild, which still periodically helps us to run out of disk space ;-)
  More recently, Jenkins and and Travis CI grew popular particularly in
Linux-based environments.  The latest and greatest is that GitHub and
GitLab have "CI" offerings allowing you to write voluminous amounts of YAML
that tend to deploy Docker and/or Kubernetes components to set up test
environments.

Then came today's Link of Interest...   (Sourced from Leah Kirchen's blog;
see https://leahneukirchen.org/trivium/2020-07-12 )

https://laminar.ohwg.net/docs.html

Laminar tries to do CI somewhat simpler, and in more of a "Unix flavour",
rather than filling up on XML and YAML remappings of stuff.  Unlike a lot
of these CI tools, it tries NOT to keep infinite gobs of artifacts around,
which probably makes it less popular with disk manufacturers ;-)