[GTALUG] OpenWRT Upgrade

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 16:25:29 EDT 2020

There is a new version of OpenWRT, version 19.07; apparently this was
released almost 2 months ago.

If you're running OpenWRT on your router, the new version has security
fixes and such, so it's worth considering an upgrade.

https://openwrt.org/releases/19.07/notes-19.07.3

I did so; it led to about a 2 minute Internet outage since my OpenWRT
router manages my DSL connection.  It came back fine, I have seen very few
visible changes.
When I logged in, and looked at my wireless networks, it indicated a need
to make a change or two to configuration, which all seemed to work fine.
I added an AC wireless network, which I think is the new, keen thing, which
probably I didn't have in use before?

Apparently it now supports WPA3, that'll need more configuration to
activate, and I'm not sure I care to do so.  (That's perhaps a good
question for next Q&A?)