[GTALUG] information storage ideas

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 16:39:14 EST 2020

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 5:11 PM William Park via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> I have same problem as you.  VimWiki, DocuWiki... My eyes hurt.
>
> Sometimes, I'm the one creating the content.  So, I'll accept the hassle
> of typing associated markups.
>
> Sometimes, others created the files, doc, exls, txt, jpg, mov, etc.  Eg.
> Sequence of screenshots on how to install something, nicely annotated
> and arrowed.  So, I just want to say, "To install this, follow <step 1>,
> <step 2>, ..." where steps are links to files I got.  Then, I should be
> able to add my own content, eg. "in step 2, make sure to check for ...".
>
> Sometimes, it's full document.  Other times, it's just short snippet,
> screenshot trimmed down, cut/paste, etc.
>
> So, I'm looking for sort of file manager,
>     - where I can add/delete text, links, files, not just on the local
>       filesystem, but on the app itself.
>     - where I can organize/reorganize orders or structures..
>     - etc.

It would seem that we share a fairly similar problem.

I arrived at knowledge based systems but it seems that means
that one is jus working from a script - - - the most common iteration
of such that I could find.

Seems like I've got the classic problem outlined - - - -argh.
You know the one - - - - there are some 30+ pictures of a rubber tire
tree swing all of which don't really work each of which has been
authorized by a different department. The customer just wanted
a simple tire swing.

Oh well - - - the search continues!

Thanks for the ideas.

Regards