[GTALUG] information storage ideas

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Thu Dec 10 18:10:59 EST 2020

I have same problem as you.  VimWiki, DocuWiki... My eyes hurt.

Sometimes, I'm the one creating the content.  So, I'll accept the hassle
of typing associated markups.

Sometimes, others created the files, doc, exls, txt, jpg, mov, etc.  Eg.
Sequence of screenshots on how to install something, nicely annotated
and arrowed.  So, I just want to say, "To install this, follow <step 1>,
<step 2>, ..." where steps are links to files I got.  Then, I should be
able to add my own content, eg. "in step 2, make sure to check for ...".

Sometimes, it's full document.  Other times, it's just short snippet,
screenshot trimmed down, cut/paste, etc.

So, I'm looking for sort of file manager,
    - where I can add/delete text, links, files, not just on the local
      filesystem, but on the app itself.
    - where I can organize/reorganize orders or structures..
    - etc.
--
William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>