[GTALUG] Generic SSH question.

Tim Tisdall tisdall at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 18:46:06 EDT 2020

On Mon, 31 Aug 2020 at 11:28, Alvin Starr via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> Does anybody know of a software package or service that does for SSH the
> kind of thing that teamviewer does?
>
> I run into linux systems that are behind firewalls  and trying to bounce
> through some windows box using teamviewer or other screen sharing app is
> getting real old.

It's been a long time since I've used it, but Chrome Remote Desktop is
pretty good and I think will work on most systems.  I'm not sure how
it compares to TeamViewer, but I think it uses Google servers to
facilitate connections behind firewalls.  It's pretty easy to use,
too, as you don't need to know IP addresses.
https://remotedesktop.google.com/