[GTALUG] C.H.I.P. rides again - maybe

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 14:34:11 EDT 2020

On 2020-08-08 10:48 p.m., Digiital aka David wrote:
> Still have 2 of the CHIPs I never used sitting in my drawer

Something I'm discovering about mine: NextThingCo did a terrible job of
managing the flash memory allocation, so running the device for any
amount of time will get you warnings and errors such as:

    ubi0: fixable bit-flip detected at PEB 142
    ubi0: scrubbed PEB 142, data moved to PEB 1796
    ubi0 warning: ubi_eba_atomic_leb_change: LEB 0:1 changed from full
to partially-written state!
    ubi0 warning: ubi_eba_atomic_leb_change: LEB 0:2 changed from full
to partially-written state!

Also, it seems that this is the *second* attempt for the Pocket Popcorn
at a launch. They tried last year and never got off the ground.

cheers,
  Stewart