[GTALUG] Raspberry Pi 4 Desktop Kit

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Sun Aug 9 12:59:13 EDT 2020

On 2020-08-09 12:02 p.m., D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
> Switching to a 64-bit OS would let Gimp use most of your 8G.
>
> As for crashing: do you know what kind of crash is happening?  Is it
> worth reporting?

I suspect it is running out of memory. You can check the system log messages
after the crash to see if there are any OOM lines in it. GIMP can use a fair
amount of RAM depending on the size of the file being worked on and the undo
levels. Check the programs preference settings under System Resources.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                     | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick