[GTALUG] DSL to wifi

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Mon Aug 3 17:22:39 EDT 2020

On 8/3/20 5:04 PM, Astrid R wrote:
> It's the password to change time and date on the laptop, that I've lost.

That would be the root password for the computer.  There are ways around
that, but you need to be able to access the partition.

Connecting to any WiFi is pretty simple.  Most have a password.  You
select the WiFi network you want to connect to and then enter the
password.  Once you've done that, the connection will be remembered.
The library will likewise have a password, but it may be tied to your
library card number.  You'll have to ask the library what that is.

Please note, I see you're using a Debian based distro and I use
openSUSE, so I can't give you specific details, only general ideas. Are
you using a Network Manager?  This will allow you to have several
different connection configurations, which you can select from, but WiFi
generally just works.

I'm getting the impression you have difficulty working with a computer.
Do you have vision problems that cause that?