[GTALUG] DSL to wifi

Astrid R afjmj at protonmail.com
Mon Aug 3 16:43:40 EDT 2020

Thanks for your replies. Before I go on I should say I discovered that I no longer have the password to change the date and time, so it might not be possible to change anything else either.

But in case there might be a way, I hope the following is useful.

I'm using a Dell laptop.

Not sure if this is the distribution and release...GNU Grub 1.99-27 +deb 7u2...

Using wifi at home.

I don't have DSL anymore, nor the modem or router I used when I did have it (I was using an ethernet cable) and I now have a different ISP (for the wifi): rogers. The rogers modem is called 'ignite'. I'm trying to use rogers wifi at home on my laptop which only ever used DSL before. I'm already using wifi at home on my phone.

On the desktop I don't see any way of connecting to wifi.