[GTALUG] urgent: Red Hat distros have an update that renders some systems unbootable

David Collier-Brown davecb.42 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 14:56:55 EDT 2020

On 2020-08-01 1:26 p.m., Russell Reiter via talk wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 12:03 PM D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk
> <talk at gtalug.org <mailto:talk at gtalug.org>> wrote:
>
>     https://access.redhat.com/solutions/5272311
>     https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/07/red-hat-and-centos-systems-arent-booting-due-to-boothole-patches/
>
>     Don't do upgrades to Fedora, RHEL, CentOS until you read those.

I'm not sure if it was necessary or not, but I killed all my
dnfdragora-updater processes and also commented out the contents of
/etc/xdg/autostart/org.mageia.dnfdragora-updater.desktop so that
dnfdragora-updater dies if it tries to run

That's for the xfce spin of Fedora 31...

Now all I have to do is remember to re-enable it after the bug is fixed
(;-))