[GTALUG] Laptop recommendations?

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Mon Apr 27 08:33:42 EDT 2020

On 2020-04-27 07:38 AM, Gron Arthur via talk wrote:
> The previous HP lasted about 10 years. I'm using a ThinkPad and
> dreading having to buy a newer machine after the this experience.
> The thinner laptops remove many things. I like to have an sd card
> reader, but those are not to be found on many of the newer laptops.
> Also, most laptop sellers group the laptops into 'gaming' or 'business
> machines', these are really unhelpful marketing categories.

Some of the newer models also don't even have an Ethernet port.  You
have to use a USB C adapter.  Also, not many have a floppy drive these
days! ;-)

However, i preference would be for business class, no matter who makes
it.  Even with Lenovo, there's a big difference between the ThinkPad and
Lenovo models.