[GTALUG] GnuPG key signing party over Zoom?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sun Apr 26 23:04:21 EDT 2020

I stopped reading the phildev.com article when it insisted on third-party photo ID. The point of keysigning is not to verify a person's right to drive or access to health care, it's to associate a key with the identity you use to communicate. Often, that identity is a persistent pseudonym, intended to avoid the very third-parties that issue photo ID.

I've run a few formal and informal keysigning parties. I've written up some instructions at https://sobac.com/wiki/Formal_Keysigning

I'd be interested in seeing if it can be adapted it for use in a video or audio conference.

--Bob