[GTALUG] Laptop recommendations?

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Sat Apr 25 09:24:18 EDT 2020

On 2020-04-24 12:11 PM, Dhaval Giani via talk wrote:
> While not a recommendation, this just popped up on LWN
>
> https://fedoramagazine.org/coming-soon-fedora-on-lenovo-laptops/

Down in the comments, the article author posted:

"I don’t know about current models, but Lenovo is working with their
vendors to make sure we have firmware support going forward."

This is certainly good news.  I like the ThinkPads, but when I got my
E520 I had to wait a short while for SuSE to catch up with the WiFi.
One other thing I like about ThinkPads is they have the TrackPoint.
I've hated using those touch pads ever since I first came across one on
a Toshiba notebook running Windows 95.  I disabled the touchpad on my E520.