[GTALUG] Printing Problem(s)

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 11:10:38 EDT 2020

On 2020-04-17 1:05 p.m., Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> I am also surprised anyone prints from an iphone.  Really?  What are
> they printing?

I think we're very much in the minority *not* printing from tablets and
phones, Lennart. My teenage niece and nephew only grudgingly use
Chromebooks for "boring school stuff"; everything else is tablets and
phones. Most of the accessibility clients my employer works with need
access tools for tablets and game consoles much more frequently than
computers.

> Well if they also want to work with windows drivers and a usb connection,

Only the really cheap (< $50) printers are USB only. Tethering a printer
via USB means you actually have to have a device with a USB port. By
plugging it in via USB, you also tend to lose the built-in printer
server that's built into most wireless printers. No additional cables,
and everyone on the network can see it and print automatically.

What a brave and strange future we find ourselves living in ...

cheers, and stay safe
  Stewart