[GTALUG] jitsi test [was: Re: Planning April Meeting]

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Mon Apr 6 00:50:54 EDT 2020

On Sun, 5 Apr 2020 at 13:50, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> Zoom's whole stance has been wrong and may not be possible to rectify.
> Their excuse ("we were in a hurry") doesn't cut it for intentional
> "features".

After watching the interview that the Slack CEO did with CNN ("we got
caught off guard, we thought of ourselves as a business tool and couldn't
have anticipated the explosion in use"), I'm prepared to cut some Slack
(sorry).

As hinted before, I think of Zoom as the current least-worst option for
what it does (and though not relevant here, it's especially good in
locations with poor bandwidth). Can't help but think that Webex and Adobe
Connect are also riddled with security holes but nobody cares. I have hopes
for Jitsi but it ain't there yet.

- Evan