[GTALUG] Planning April Meeting

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Apr 3 14:34:33 EDT 2020

On Fri, Apr 03, 2020 at 01:35:35PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen via talk wrote:
> If anyone wants to play with it and put some load on it, feel free to
> poke at my jitsi install:
>
> https://jitsi.cmacleod.ca/GTALUG
>
> Works with browser only (no plugin) and I tried with "jitsi meet" client
> from play store on my phone.
>
> And no I don't have a domain setup, but my wife does, so that's where
> I put it.

Installing it is pretty simple.  I just setup a DNS name to use pointing
at my machine, setup the firewall to forward udp port 10000-11000
(probably more than I need), I already had 80 and 443 forwarded to
the webserver.

Then I acquired let's encrypt certificates for the hostname.

Then I followed
https://jitsi.org/downloads/ubuntu-debian-installations-instructions/
and told it I had certificates already and pointed it at them.

After that everything just worked.

That was my second try.  The first one I made a typo and it took some
work to wipe everything out to try again since I couldn't figure out
how to fix it easily.  Total probably took 30 minutes.

If you want SIP bridge, you will have to add a few extra packages and
configure whatever it needs.  I didn't try.

--
Len Sorensen