[GTALUG] Planning April Meeting

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Apr 2 16:54:33 EDT 2020

On Thu, Apr 02, 2020 at 11:43:29AM -0400, Alex Volkov via talk wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Unfortunately I don't have enough time to prepare jitsi with the same
> features as zoom (call in numbers, up to 50 people etc.)
>
> We're going to use zoom for the upcoming meeting, generously provided by
> Evan Leibovitch.
>
> Maybe for for meeting after that we will be able to come up with open-source
> solutions.
>
> I'll create an event in the next few days for our regular date & time --
> Tuesday, April 14, 7:30pm.

Setting up jitsi itself doesn't seem too hard (I think I just managed
to do it), but a call in number probably requires SIP and I have very
little experience with that.

But I was able to get video working between my phone and  acouple of
laptops quite happily in a browser window.  I then quickly muted all
the mics because the echo was going nuts between them.

--
Len Sorensen