[GTALUG] "Atom Pi"

Stewart Russell scruss at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 13:39:37 EDT 2019

On Mon., Sep. 16, 2019, 12:30 D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk, <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> ... I just assumed that it was some surplus board that was
> being blown out.  Maybe it is.

It is. It's from a home server thing that bankrupted the developer before
they got to market. Once they're gone, they're gone.

While it may not be as fast as eMMC, the Raspberry Pi 4 does have a faster
connection to microSD (with the right card). It also has DDR4 which makes
it fairly quick.

I wrote a preso last week on a 4 GB Raspberry Pi 4 (over VNC, even) and it
didn't feel like an SBC at all.  I hear that the Raspberry Pi 4 is somewhat
unexpectedly picking up corporate sales as a cheap dual-screen thin client.

Cheers
 Stewart