[GTALUG] getting Firefox to exploit GPU

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Fri Oct 4 15:19:27 EDT 2019

| From: Alex Volkov via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| Web render seems to be already enabled in Windows for Nvidia and AMD cards.
|
| https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/GFX/WebRender_Where

I think that the title over the tables is wrong.

	"Where have we shipped WebRender?"
should be
	"Where have we shipped WebRender and enabled it by default?"

"blocklist" isn't well explained, but my main desktop is on it.  I use
the proprietary Nvidia driver.  Every year or so I try Nouveau, but it
crashes for me.  Probably due to the unreasonable number of Firefox
tabs I leave open.

It is interesting that each column of the Linux table has identical
data, except that Intel cannot handle large screens.