[GTALUG] surprisingly okay laser printer on special at Canada Computers: Brother DCP-L2550DW

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Mon May 6 23:19:52 EDT 2019

I've been using Brother lasers for many years and like them a lot - they've
seen me through writing two books, among other things. My current machine
is a few-years-old MFC-9125CN colour 'laser' multifunction, and it supports
scan-to-email (via a built-in SMTP send client) or scanning to a network
share. Both of those are gloriously driver-free distro-agnostic scanning
solutions :-)  Doesn't work for all use-cases, but serves me well for
documents, receipts, and the occasional photo.

-Chris