[GTALUG] reverse engineering

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Fri Mar 29 11:27:54 EDT 2019

On 2019-03-19 9:48 p.m., D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
> | From: Kevin Cozens via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
>
> | Very nice. The ghidra decompiler includes support for many different
> | processors. The list includes the Z-80. Sadly, the 6809 (my personal
> | favourite) and the 6800 processors are not on the list.
>
> What do you wish to reverse for the 6800 or 6809?  I cannot imagine that
> there is that much of interest at this late date.

It was just something I noticed. I was partly surprised that ghidra included
some older processors in their list of ones for which they can decompile code.

I'm currently decompiling some code but it is for an ARM processor. I
recently did some work related to a 6800 processor but that was just a
disassembly of a ROM image to save me from re-typing in a long assembly
language program.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                     | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick