[GTALUG] Microsoft open sources Windows Calculator

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Thu Mar 14 15:23:19 EDT 2019

On 03/11/2019 11:59 AM, Kevin Cozens via talk wrote:
> On 2019-03-10 12:19 p.m., James Knott via talk wrote:
>> Forgot to mention, the first editor I used was SCELBI's "ED", a simple
>> line editor, which was better than that Pr1me editor.  I used ED on my
>> IMSAI 8080.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCELBI
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMSAI_8080
>
> Very nice. Do you still have the IMSAI? I didn't know that SCELBI was
> a computer. I just know, and have, some of their books from back in
> the day.

No, unfortunately, I gave it away, after I bought my XT clone.  For some
reason, my wife seemed to think I had to much stuff!  ;)

The first personal computer I saw was a Scelbi H a friend had.

In addition to a couple of books, I bought the Scelbi editor, assembler
and monitor, along with SCELBAL Basic.  They came with paper tape, but I
had no way to read the tapes, so I hand entered the octal code and saved
to cassette.  Later on, I bought a used M35 ASR teletype from work and
was then able to read and punch paper tape.