[GTALUG] Boeing India software engineers

ted leslie ted.leslie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 14:58:52 EDT 2019

Harper in his "right here, right now" book - that just came out recently,
explained all of this, and also, even basically saying Trump probably will
not see out his term , and he is unstable, explained his election win, all
coming round to "trade deals", to which Harper claims in his tenure he
generated more then any other head of state in time frame.
He talks about anywheres and somewheres - many people in decision making
roles (especially 1%'rs) are anywheres in their lives, global and not very
tied to community (of origin) anymore. Somewheres, the opposite.
This explains some of the free market slant, but the real issue is a "trade
deal", good or bad?
Which is why, with all faults, many! Trump pulled off a win.
When a state makes a trade deal, it has to be good in a broad sense!
Harper gave an example of the dairy issue in Quebec (sms) that is a sore
point because its very protectionist, and odd in view of "free trade". But,
to stop that dairy SMS would be catastrophic for many small communities, so
against , (also discussed) very stupid dogma : free trade is good period,
the
deal is not done. Its not dogmatic , you need a GOOD DEAL!
A state has to make smart trade deals, and Harper passed on China trade
deals (new) because it was insane, the IP theft is MASSIVE, this is not up
for debate. Many other things are massively lopsided.
Unfortunately the Clinton trade deal damage has been done, and not
something to quickly fix. Harper appears to have done much better trade
deals, but it would appear the job outsourcing has to become a bigger
variable in doing the deals.
When you don't want to "protect" (rather, really open up), you need to ease
(in the trade agreement, i.e. period by period easement), and to retrain,
and as a state, get your shit together.
Having said all this, I am not knowledgeable in the trade deals (if any) we
have with India, and what should be done. If Canada has a net + to trade
with India (good and services), then seems feds have to fund into the job
lose incurred to correct, or, NOT MAKE THE DEAL.

Another oddity, if true, that is coming down the pipe in Canada, is the ,
according to JBP, Jordan B Peterson, the transition to 80+% female makeup
in post secondary in 15 years, and in time leaving only males somewhat
majority in STEM, and 0% in other,
if true, this is a incredible social change that is likely to have insane
consequences. The new SJW, IdentPolitics, (snow flake gen - maybe a derog.
term now, wasn't few years ago, not sure a better PC term), is going to
create a new society soon, that outsourcing of jobs is going to be
infinitely low on the priority scale, of Canada's issues! I hope JBP is
wrong, but its been a hell of a bomb drop, and some stats do perhaps
support it. Disruption to employment with offshore is BIG! disruptions with
this potential shift in education gender make up, is mind boggling!

-tl