[GTALUG] Boeing India software engineers

Gary technologynut at rogers.com
Wed Mar 13 10:10:03 EDT 2019

I believe the short answer is that if you live in North America, you
should avoid wasting money on a costly academic education, even if
you're very gifted, and, instead, focus on vocational training that can
never be outsourced, such as postal work, fire fighter, ambulance
paramedic and medical laboratory services. In that way there is a clean
bifurcation in the nature of work that is carried out between here and
India.

In this wonderful age, you don't have to spend a penny indulging your
interest in computer science, technology, physics and mathematics as you
have internet resources for that purpose. For example, I'm a retired
postal clerk but I entertain myself by downloading lectures on these
topics. I've taught myself c++ and I have lots of fun developing
applications in Linux. I have a passion for A.I and mathematics but I
know that, if you live in this country then these studies can never be
more than an indulgence, unless you have really good connections; but
then, in that case, you can just get a degree in medieval history before
taking the helm as CEO at some company, which is what Carly Fiorinas did
with HP.

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2014/09/30/carly-fiorinas-medieval-history-major-inspires-young-female-conservatives

/gary