[GTALUG] Boeing India software engineers

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Tue Mar 12 22:56:01 EDT 2019

On 03/12/2019 10:51 PM, Howard Gibson via talk wrote:
> Is Microsoft paying the Microsoft help-desk peole who call me to fix my Microsoft networking problems?  [Ctrl][r] does not seem to work!

I think they're just scammers and certainly sound like they're in India
or Pakistan.

Bell's help desk is or was in India and I had the misfortune of having
to call them on occasion with my work.  On one job I was installing an
Adtran router, but the ADSL line wasn't ready.  When I called the help
line, they insisted I click on the Start button.  Last time I checked,
routers didn't have one.  I then asked to escalate and they hung up on
me.  The customer called her Bell sales rep and he put me in touch with
someone in Canada who could help.  That's when I learned to call the
French number, as they're in Canada and most of them speak English too.